Re: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields

On 10.08.2019 09:33, Brian Barker wrote:At
08:58 10/08/2019 +0100, Dave Barton wrote:Does anyone know why fields with spelling
errors are not checked by the spell checker in Writer? For
example change the "User Name" to something blatantly incorrect
and insert the "Author" field into a document. Do the same with
a "Document Title".Some combination of (1) proper names - even document titles - are
frequently not dictionary words and (2) users are likely to have
taken particular care over entering the data for such fields and
not need the assistance of a spelling checker?What you say would be true in a perfect world, but in reality users
(even careful ones) DO make mistakes. Are you saying that our
developers are making a highly arrogant presumption that mistakes
are NEVER made in user defined fields?In
the same way, most mail clients don't check the spelling of the
To: header of a message, even the "real name" part. And many -
even one well-known one - do not check the Subject: header. The
spelling checker I use with my mail client accepts "Dave" but
won't countenance "Barton".Email headers are an entirely different beast and have nothing to do
with Writer fields.I
trust this helps.Brian BarkerDave