[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields
- From: Brian Barker <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 09:33:07 +0100
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 08:58 10/08/2019 +0100, Dave Barton wrote:
Does anyone know why fields with spelling errors are not checked by the spell checker in Writer? For example change the "User Name" to something blatantly incorrect and insert the "Author" field into a document. Do the same with a "Document Title".
Some combination of (1) proper names - even document titles - are frequently not dictionary words and (2) users are likely to have taken particular care over entering the data for such fields and not need the assistance of a spelling checker?
In the same way, most mail clients don't check the spelling of the To: header of a message, even the "real name" part. And many - even one well-known one - do not check the Subject: header. The spelling checker I use with my mail client accepts "Dave" but won't countenance "Barton".
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields||Dave Barton <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields.||Dave Barton <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields.
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields.
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] No spellcheck on fields