Re: [libreoffice-users] record durations, not time of day

If entered just as you've typed, it seems all the formats presume hrs,
minutes, and seconds. Applying the time formats don't cause the display you
wish because the "3" is presumed hours and the "5", minutes.

Enter instead 0:3:5

Then this custom format should do:
MM:SS displays 03:05

Available ready made formats display as follows...
[HH]:MM:SS.00 displays 00:03:05.00
MM:SS.00 displays 03:05.00
[HH]:MM:SS displays 00:03:05
HH:MM:SS displays 00:03:05
HH:MM displays 00:03

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 6:45 PM Eric Beversluis <
ebever@researchintegration.org> wrote:

> I want to enter numbers in Calc like 3:05 that stands for 3 minutes and 5
> seconds (duration), not for some time of day. How do I do this?
>
> Eric Beversluis
> Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011