Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: SQL Syntax UPDATE

On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 21:02 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> Hi Harvey,
> >
> > I remember using VBA from my days with MSAccess, but our LO/Linux
> > world
> > has such an 'embarrassment of riches' I don't quite know where to
> > start. You could say I'm a bit intimidated by the idea. Any
> > suggestions
> > where I might start?
>
> I see your mailaccount is from *.de (Germany). So could be you
> understand the German descriptions of the Base-Handbuch. You could
> find
> the newest versions on my homepage. There are also example-databases
> where you could find parts of macro-code.
>
> You could also find older versions, which are translated into
> English:
> http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/
> ... but my English might be a littel bit too funny ...
>
> Regards
>
> Robert
> --
> Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
> LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3

Thanks, Robert. I am at home in both languages, so to speak, so there
is no problem there.

As I see it, your handbook is limited to Basic, i.e. no Java, no
python, so that solves the first problem (I might have tried to venture
into python).

OpenSUSE has not yet integrated 6.2, so I hope I can use the 6.2
Handbook without further ambiguities. I know that I was waiting for the
ODBC connection to be set up in 6.2, but the connection issue is
solved, thanks to your help!

In short, I'll give it a try! Many thanks again. No doubt I'll be in
touch again!

Cheers
Harvey