[libreoffice-users] Re: SQL Syntax UPDATE

Le 23/07/2019 à 18:37, Harvey Nimmo a écrit :

Hi Harvey,

> A bit disappointing though. Is there no possibility for storing those
> kinds of SQL statements, so that they could be used again?
> I have a few in mind, and it seems a bit primitive to have to create a
> clipboard type of text file for that kind of thing.

As yet, and as Robert has indicated, nothing in the Base UI allows you
to save UPDATE queries and run them from the SQL Query UI. It has
unfortunately always been this way, since StarOffice (so that's a very
long time for a seemingly critically missing piece of functionality).

No one has undertaken to add the required functionality to the UI, or
internal LO parser (which would allow for graphical UI manipulation of
update statements).

The only remaining possibility then is via macro, which can be stored in
the ODB file, and triggered for example, via a button press on a form,
or a form reload, or some other action that can be used as the event
trigger.

Alex