Re: [libreoffice-users] SQL Syntax UPDATE

Hi Harvey,

> I am not using macros (yet...hmm). I create the queries with the GUI in
> SQL view.
> I execute using the 'Run Query (F5)' function from the editor. The SQL
> text is not allowed to be stored with the syntax error in the one case.
> In the case of the shorter command, the SQL text is stored as a query
> and, it seems, could be run from the GUI, if it weren't for the
> executeUpdate() error.

The query-editor will only work with queries, not with updates or
inserts. You have to start the command through
Tools > SQL
in the Base-file.

> The database itself is backend mariadb connectect via JDBC.

So you have to use
UPDATE `Adressensammlung`.`Adressen` SET `Adressen`.`Print_flag` = TRUE
WHERE `Adressen`.`Xmas` = TRUE;

Regards

Robert