Re: [libreoffice-users] SQL Syntax UPDATE

On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 16:53 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> Hi Harvey,
> >
> > I'm getting "Can not issue data manipulation statements with
> > executeQuery()."
>
> Where do you start the update?
>
> Tools > SQL?
>
> Or is there a macro working? Then you have to run executeUpdate()
> instead.
>
> Which database-connection do you use?
>
> Regards
>
> Robert
> --
> Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
> LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3

Hallo Robert,

I am not using macros (yet...hmm). I create the queries with the GUI in
SQL view.
I execute using the 'Run Query (F5)' function from the editor. The SQL
text is not allowed to be stored with the syntax error in the one case.
In the case of the shorter command, the SQL text is stored as a query
and, it seems, could be run from the GUI, if it weren't for the
executeUpdate() error.

The database itself is backend mariadb connectect via JDBC.

Cheers
Harvey