[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Gmail Saving in Libre Writer
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Gmail Saving in Libre Writer
- From: V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 16:08:26 -0700 (MST)
- To: email@example.com
charles meyer wrote
> Gotta' use webmail at work - not TB.
But, why try to move it? Just push into archive in your Gmail account--that
retains the pretty functional search that Gmail implements.
Otherwise you can export/dump the mail using Google's Takeout services  ,
results in --mbox--formated mail archive, and then use a portable reader (no
install) to review. Something like MBox Viewer as an example:
SourceForge - Windows MBox Viewer
Or there are more robust mbox file viewers that would require an
installation. Many free, but offering fee based advanced support.
Working in LibreOffice would probably require parsing the .mbox files and
loading to Calc cells, or better to SQL tables with a Base form--but search
will be an issue. The Apache Tika project offers an mbox parser in Java to
extract meta from the mbox for fielded data loads. But I don't think there
is anything turn-key for either Calc or Base.
Good luck... and let us know how it goes.
 Google Takeout service <https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout>
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Gmail Saving in Libre Writer||charles meyer <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Gmail Saving in Libre Writer
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] capability to install a non gui dependent libreoffice onto a server
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Gmail Saving in Libre Writer
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] capability to install a non gui dependent libreoffice onto a server