Re: [libreoffice-users] Table fields from Mariadb to Base

On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 09:54 +0200, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 09:09 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> > Hi Harvey,
> >
> > couldn't see this behaviour in LO 6.2.5.2 on OpenSUSE 15, 64bit rpm
> > Linux. But my MariaDB is a local database. Think it is a problem of
> > the
> > remote-connection to your database. The changing of the table must
> > reach
> > the database and after changing the table inside the database the
> > information could be send back to the query.
> >
> > Do you use parameters for the connetion to the database, for
> > example
> > jdbc:mysql://«Host of
> >
> > @Dan: If you add a field to a table for an external database the
> > Base-file must not be saved. There has nothing been changed in
> > Base,
> > only in the (external) database.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Robert
> > --
> > Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
> > LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3
> >

> Hallo Robert,
>
> it seems that autoReconnect=true does the trick. I had been using the
> MySQL(JDBC) method where there seemed to be no place to set the
> autoReconnect option. Having switched to the pure JDBC method, I can
> add autoReconnect=true and it works now as expected.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Harvey

Ah but.....it seems to be not so simple...:-J
After setting the method to JDBC with the option autoReconnect=true, it
becomes not possible to edit the existing fields of the table. A new
field could be added, but the existing ones cannot be changed.

So I have to return to the MySQL(JDBC) option. However, it accepts
adding ?autoReconnect=true behind the database name AND the addition of
new fields is transferred to the forms function immediately.

In other words, the problem is solved, by adding the option
?autoReconnect=true behind the database name in every case.

Is that documented somewhere?

Many thanks again

Cheers
Harvey