Re: [libreoffice-users] Table fields from Mariadb to Base

On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 09:09 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> Hi Harvey,
>
> couldn't see this behaviour in LO 6.2.5.2 on OpenSUSE 15, 64bit rpm
> Linux. But my MariaDB is a local database. Think it is a problem of
> the
> remote-connection to your database. The changing of the table must
> reach
> the database and after changing the table inside the database the
> information could be send back to the query.
>
> Do you use parameters for the connetion to the database, for example
> jdbc:mysql://«Host of
>
> @Dan: If you add a field to a table for an external database the
> Base-file must not be saved. There has nothing been changed in Base,
> only in the (external) database.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert
> --
> Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
> LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3

Hallo Robert,

it seems that autoReconnect=true does the trick. I had been using the
MySQL(JDBC) method where there seemed to be no place to set the
autoReconnect option. Having switched to the pure JDBC method, I can
add autoReconnect=true and it works now as expected.

Many thanks!

Harvey