Re: [libreoffice-users] Table fields from Mariadb to Base

On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 22:11 +0200, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 21:28 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> > Hi Haevey,
> > >
> > > Having added the new field to the table using the Base client, I
> > > expected it to appear in the query which is of the form (SELECT *
> > > FROM
> > > <tablename>). It didn't until I closed Base and restarted it.
> >
> > How did you add the field? Tools → SQL? Or did you add it in the
> > GUI.
> > If added through Tools → SQL a refresh of the tables is needed
> > (View
> > →
> > Refresh Tables). The GUI doesn't recognize automatically what has
> > been
> > changed in this way.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Robert
> > --
> > Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
> > LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3
> >

> Thanks for the input!
>
> I added the field via the Base table GUI. Of course, I could have
> added
> the new field explicitly to the query (so that the field may then
> appear twice) (but why?). Maybe this behaviour is only evident with a
> remote database?
>
> Cheers
> Harvey

A further input: my first action after updating the table was to go to
edit the form (to add the new field). The field did not show up in the
list of controls. It was this that made me open the query to check if
it were there. It wasn't, so I then opened the table, where it was
shown as expected, no data, as yet, having been entered in any of the
new fields.

Now I have slight doubts, having tried adding a new test field. This
field showed up when I opened the query, but was not to be seen in the
data control field of the form. In other words, maybe the order 'open
query/open form (for edit)' or the other way round, as in the
previously reported case, produces different results.

Cheers
Harvey