Re: [libreoffice-users] Table fields from Mariadb to Base

On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 21:28 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> Hi Haevey,
> >
> > Having added the new field to the table using the Base client, I
> > expected it to appear in the query which is of the form (SELECT *
> > FROM
> > <tablename>). It didn't until I closed Base and restarted it.
>
> How did you add the field? Tools → SQL? Or did you add it in the GUI.
> If added through Tools → SQL a refresh of the tables is needed (View
> →
> Refresh Tables). The GUI doesn't recognize automatically what has
> been
> changed in this way.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert
> --
> Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
> LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3

Thanks for the input!

I added the field via the Base table GUI. Of course, I could have added
the new field explicitly to the query (so that the field may then
appear twice) (but why?). Maybe this behaviour is only evident with a
remote database?

Cheers
Harvey