[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- From: Harvey Nimmo <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 20:55:29 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 14:05 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I need some help with converting a number (in a text field) to a
> different type.
> The type of number is time, and it is in the form of:
> I need to convert this to just minutes, rounded up, so if ss is more
> than 30 it adds another minute.
> I'm at a loss as to how to even start (I'm not a spreadsheet guy)...
> I would appreciate any pointers on how to get this done...
You might like to try the following.
Given that your value is in field A1 in the form hh:mm:ss
then you can do the conversion by entering the following in another
It doesn't seem to matter if the value in A1 is in time format or text
I'm sure there are buffs out there who could offer a more elegant
solution, but the above seems to work all right for the cases I tried.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|RE: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion||<firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion||Harvey Nimmo <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion||Tanstaafl <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion