Re: [libreoffice-users] Reveal code, old macros convert them to LO

Den tors 4 juli 2019 kl 18:16 skrev John <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca>:

> On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 07:45 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > > From time to time the question pops up whether LO could support
> > Wordperfects reveal code. The developer are not too keen, and sometimes
> > it is stated that this feature could be implemented by a
> > macro/extension.
> >
> > Now I remember that long time ago such macros existed and using the
> > wayback machine I found them. They were written around 2005 for OO 1.2,
> > using the sxw format.
> >
> > I tried them out in LO 6.2 and they don't work.
> >
> > Is there somebody with enough knownledge in macros to translate those
> > macros to LO 6.2?
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> >
> > Uwe Brauer
> >
> Just in case any further support for this change is desired, one of the
> all-time
> BEST features of Word Perfect was "reveal codes". You could actually use
> it to
> figure out why the page format was not as expected!
>
> I would love to see this feature added to Libre Office!

If you use styles the way it's intended, you won't have those problems in
the first place. I have never had them (as far as I remember), even when I
was not using styles properly. Direct formatting should generally be
avoided, if you ask me.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg