[libreoffice-users] Re: Reveal code, old macros convert them to LO

>>> "j" == jomali <jomali3945@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't remember the details of the sxw format. Perhaps reveal codes were
> appropriate then. However, ODF files have a complex SGML or HTML or XML
> type format, along with a form of CSS, unlike WordPerfect and similar
> programs, which used embedded code to delineate format changes. That is,
> there are no format codes to reveal in ODF documents. Any program that
> pretended to show some kind of "format code" would be hopelessly
> misleading.

If I remember correctly sxw was a lot like odt, styles included, the
changes between both was mostly name conventions of the tags etc, but I
am not completely sure.

But right wordperfect has a different approach then OO or even word, but
may that reveal code feature could work for those documents which take
more a visual approach and don't rely much on styles.

BTW I just remembered there is a app called cross eyes for Word 2011,
which has some reveal functionality and Word 2011 used already xml based
file formats.