[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [libreoffice-users] Firefox themes


On 22.06.2019 13:52, Eustace Fril wrote:
> The menu bar of LO is all white, I cannot see anything except when I click
> on an item.
>
> I have Windows 10 and use High Contrast yellow on black colors.
>
> I've tried to get Firefox themes, but I wasn't able. It says:
>
> Cannot open
> htpps://services....
> Please try again later.
>
> This problem is not new. Several months ago when I first downloaded LO I
> encountered it, and in fact it made me delay starting using LO because of
> this issue.
>
> I came to understand that I shouldn't expect this issue to be fixed in the
> foreseeable future. So I downloaded a theme on my desktop (*.xpi). Is it
> possible to install it manually in some folder?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eustace

The Firefox personas/themes in LO have been broken for a very long time.
There are a few optimistic sounding notes posted on Bugzilla, but as
noted you "/shouldn't expect this issue to be fixed in the foreseeable
future/".

If you have a recent version of LO installed, you will find 6 "personas"
in the LO installation directory C:\Program
Files\LibreOffice\share\gallery\personas\.
They appear in the LibreOffice -> Options -> Personalization as
"/Preinstalled themes/".
Here is a workaround I have used to overcome this LO defect:

* Pick one of the "/Preinstalled themes/" and apply it. For
illustration purposes only I am using "/Sand/".
* Shut LO down
* Take the .xpi you downloaded and unzip it to any convenient folder.
* Most likely the .xpi contains 3 graphic jpg or png files ( 1 - 200
px high, 1 -100 px high and preview image)
* Copy the 200px high and the 100px high files over to C:\Program
Files\LibreOffice\share\gallery\personas\sand
* If you get a message asking to overwrite, answer YES. Otherwise
delete the existing "Header.png" and "Footer.png" files and rename
the files extracted from the .xpi as "Header.png" and "Footer.png".
* If they are jpeg images rename them "Header.jpg" and "Footer.jpg"
and edit the 5th line of C:\Program
Files\LibreOffice\share\gallery\personas\personas_list.txt:
sand;Sand;sand/preview.png;sand/header.jpg;sand/footer.jpg;;#000000;#ffffff
* Restart LO and your theme should be displayed.

You say that you using a high contrast setting, in which case you might
need to tweak some of the 2 color settings in the C:\Program
Files\LibreOffice\share\gallery\personas\personas_list.txt file.

NOTE: Once you have a working configuration, make a backup copy of your
chosen theme (eg. sand), because it will not survive any LO update.

Hop this helps.

Dave


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: users+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

References:
[libreoffice-users] Firefox themesEustace Fril <emfril@gmail.com>
Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.