[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] What happened to templates... part 2
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] What happened to templates... part 2
- From: Wiebe van der Worp <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:03:29 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's say we take care of the following:
In Options -> LibreOffice -> Paths -> Templates add path to template.ott
In File -> Templates -> Manage Templates -> template.ott is available.
A new document is created: File -> New -> Templates -> template.ott
All goes well, document document.odt is saved. Template updates are
reflected in the document too.
File document.odt is moved to another directory. This means template
location in meta.xml is not pointing to template.ott. Link is broken.
Document.odt is opened. Location of template.ott is not corrected in
meta.xml. Link stays broken while template.ott is at the right spot in
the designated template folder.
The only solution known to me is unzipping document.odt, repairing
meta.xml and zipping back to document.odt.*
I find it hard to believe that moving a document, or mailing a document,
is enough to break the connection with the template permanently.
Is there anyone able to shed some light here?
Wiebe van der Worp
* Repairing meta.xml: a shell script lives now here:
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffce 6.2.4 won't start after upgrade on Debian 9.9
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] "/" character disappears in Writer
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffce 6.2.4 won't start after upgrade on Debian 9.9
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] "/" character disappears in Writer