[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Formula returns incorrect result
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Formula returns incorrect result
- From: Brian Barker <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2019 05:25:46 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Carl 'Peter' Winerich <Look@iPadRing.net>
At 22:41 08/06/2019 -0400, Carl "Peter" Winerich wrote:
I'm trying to calculate the Equation of Time (EoT) to determine the difference between LAN (Local Apparent Noon) and GMT/UT-1 Greenwich Mean Time. Then I want to plot the EoT curve (a project for later, not now) The following is the formula I use on my calculator. The formula gives a "close enough" EoT
9.87xsin(2x360(3-81)÷365)-7.67 x sin(360(3-81)÷365+78.7)
=-4.584625249 (or.... -4 minutes 35.1 seconds...plus or minus)
Calc doesn't give the same answer.
It does if you translate the formula correctly.
Here's the formula in calc;
The answer it returns is: -2.14883666659093
Can you tell me what the correct layout of the format in calc is?
You have failed to close one set of parentheses - at the end of the first SIN() expression (perhaps you forgot to close the first RADIANS() expression, in fact) - but then added a spare closing parenthesis at the end of your expression. The effect is that the first SIN() expression includes all of the second part of your formula.
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Formula returns incorrect result||Carl Winerich <Look@iPadRing.net>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Message body messed up appearance
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Vertical text in Writer on updated Linux Mint (19.1)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Fwd: Formula returns incorrect result
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Formula returns incorrect result