[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- From: Krunose <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:22:38 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
04. 06. 2019. u 03:28, Thomas Blasejewicz je napisao/la:
Probably I am just not smart enough (again).
I upgraded LibreOffice from 6.0.7 to 6.1.6 on a machine running Linux
The Readme file instructed me to run a dpkg command to unpack the .deb
files after extracting them from the downloaded compressed file.
I did that.
It seemed to run fine and completed successfully.
When I clicked on the Writer icon I used before, it is still
LibreOffice 6.0.7 that opens.
Looking around, I found that there are OTHER LibreOffice icons, which
start the 6.1.6 version.
Are those old files supposed to remain there under Linux?
An update on Windows deletes those (as far as I know).
Looking in software manager I am told, that Libreoffice is installed,
but there is no distinction between 6.0.7 and 6.1.6.
If I update Libreoffice in the future again, will all the old files be
Should I **uninstall** Libreoffice first and then make a fresh
installation of the new version, or is there a way of cleaning out old
(I presume, after a fresh installation I have to set up my preferences
etc. all over; that is something I would like to avoid.
first what you should do is remove libreoffice completely
sudo apt-get remove <libreoffice version> && sudo apt-get purge
<libreoffice version> && sudo apt-get autoremove
then you extract tar files and enter the DEB folder. It holds many deb
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
and that will extract _all_ deb files.
Should work for you as it does for me.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files||Thomas Blasejewicz <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files