[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- From: Thomas Blasejewicz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 10:28:49 +0900
- To: email@example.com
Probably I am just not smart enough (again).
I upgraded LibreOffice from 6.0.7 to 6.1.6 on a machine running Linux Mint 19.
The Readme file instructed me to run a dpkg command to unpack the .deb files after extracting them from the downloaded compressed file.
I did that.
It seemed to run fine and completed successfully.
When I clicked on the Writer icon I used before, it is still LibreOffice 6.0.7 that opens.
Looking around, I found that there are OTHER LibreOffice icons, which start the 6.1.6 version.
Are those old files supposed to remain there under Linux?
An update on Windows deletes those (as far as I know).
Looking in software manager I am told, that Libreoffice is installed, but there is no distinction between 6.0.7 and 6.1.6.
If I update Libreoffice in the future again, will all the old files be retained?
Should I **uninstall** Libreoffice first and then make a fresh installation of the new version, or is there a way of cleaning out old files?
(I presume, after a fresh installation I have to set up my preferences etc. all over; that is something I would like to avoid.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files||Johnny Rosenberg <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Re: LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files||Peter Maunder <Peter_Maunder@Cantab.net>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files||Krunose <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Quotation marks messed up in 6.2.4
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Quotation marks messed up in 6.2.4
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO upgrade under Linux - delete old files