Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.

Den tors 16 maj 2019 kl 00:22 skrev Girvin Herr <gherrl@fastmail.com>:

> Greetings,
>
> I am using LibreOffice 5.3.4.2 on Slackware Linux 14.2 (K4.4.75).
>
> I have a database with a text field which may or may not be null. What I
> want to do is to prefix a dash "-" before the text if the text field is
> not null. At first, I tried this format:
>
> ;;;"-"@
>
> Somewhere, not by me, it got changed to:
>
> [>0]"";[<0]"";"";"-"@
>
> However, this does not work. I get the text when not null, but not the
> dash in either case.

If I format a cell like your first example and enter a letter in that cell,
let's say ”k”, I get:
-k

If I enter a number, the cell remains blank. Is this the behaviour you are
looking for?

The format string doesn't change if I don't change it.

If I set it to [>0]"";[<0]"";"";"-"@ I get the same result, and I should
since the two means exactly the same thing.

Can you give an example that doesn't work?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg