[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.
- From: Girvin Herr <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 10:28:08 -0700
- To: Remy Gauthier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibreOffice Users <email@example.com>
I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work as expected. LO Report Builder did replace "[<>""]-@" with
"[<>0]-@;General", similar to what you experienced. However, the result is strange and almost indeterminate. Sometimes if the text field is alpha-numeric, the result is "-" without the text. Other times it is the text without the "-" prefix. Sometimes if the text field is numeric-only, the result is the text without the "-". Strange.
I then tried changing the format to "[<>0]"-"@;General" (quotes around dash) with the same results.
Then I tried "[<>0]"-"@;Standard" as your Calc experiment changed, and LO changed it to
"[<>0]"-"@;StanDarD", with the same results.
So, I am not sure what is going on. It almost looks like a bug with the unexpected results.
On 5/15/19 5:03 PM, Remy Gauthier wrote:
I tried this in calc (which I am assuming you are using), and it seems to work for what you describe:
The interesting thing is that calc changed it afterwards to
but it still seems to work.
I hope this helps.
Le mercredi 15 mai 2019 à 15:17 -0700, Girvin Herr a écrit :
I am using LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 on Slackware Linux 14.2 (K4.4.75).
I have a database with a text field which may or may not be null. What I
want to do is to prefix a dash "-" before the text if the text field is
not null. At first, I tried this format:
Somewhere, not by me, it got changed to:
However, this does not work. I get the text when not null, but not the
dash in either case.
Is there another way to do this?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.||Robert Großkopf <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.||Girvin Herr <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.||Remy Gauthier <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Cannot get summed values in a Base report
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with text formatting in Report.