Re: [libreoffice-users] compose characters

At 16:14 15/05/2019 +0200, Federico Quadri wrote:
>Has anybody ever used the command "join tables"?

Yes.

>(don't know exact English menu name, "unisci tabella" in Italian).

It's "Merge Tables" in English, but no matter.

>I have never succeeded in using it. Once a table
>has been split in two parts, no way to re-join
>them in a single one. The "join tables" command
>is always "greyed" (not available) independently
>by cursor position (inside ­ outside table1, table2).

If you split a table, I think you will find that
an empty paragraph is inserted between the parts.
You can see this by toggling on the display of
non-printing characters. You can only join tables
that are immediately adjacent, of course, so you
will need to delete this empty paragraph before you can do so.

I have read about this empty paragraph in the help guide but, in fact, no way to delete it.
If I put the cursor just before (or after) the end-of-paragraph symbol, and press the "delete" key on the keyboard,
nothing happens.....

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker