[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: compose characters
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: compose characters
- From: V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 06:20:23 -0700 (MST)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Blasejewicz-3 wrote
> All I ever get is a diacritical mark either left or right from the M.
> I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.
It is not you, each font sets metrics for positioning the combining
diacritics--many get it wrong.
For example type "u+004du+0305", leaving the cursor after the 5. Then enter
an <alt>+x to toggle--that will combine the glyphs, but position of the
overbar will vary by font.
Liberation Serif is just wrong. Dejavu Serif and Dejavu Sans are correct, as
is Linux Libertine G--but coverage is spotty.
Noto Sans and Noto Serif are about the most consistent.
For above marks -- U+0305, or U+035e
For below marks -- U+0332, or U+035f
Wikipedia article Combining character
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] compose characters||Thomas Blasejewicz <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] compose characters
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] compose characters
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] compose characters
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] compose characters