[libreoffice-users] compose characters

Good afternoon
I have to enter into a technical text a capital "M" with a short bar on top of it.
Some sort of mathematical expression indicating a vector.

I know there is something like "composing characters", but I cannot get it right.
All I ever get is a diacritical mark either left or right from the M.
I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

While googling about this, I also found some talk a "autocorrect options" using : :
Yet, I cannot make this work either.
I suppose, there is a trick for this one too.

Thank you
Thomas