[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions
- From: Brian Barker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 04:46:51 +0100
- To: <email@example.com>
- Cc: Keith Bates <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 11:13 10/05/2019 +1000, Keith Bates wrote:
I have a text document that contains various mark up tags such as </verse>. It's a list of song lyrics from OpenLP. I want to strip off all the tags- the <,> and the text between. I know search and replace with Regular Expressions will do it for me, but I have a brain block when it comes to Reg Ex. Can somebody please tell me how to do this?
Search for: <[^>]*>
Replace with: (nothing)
[^>] matches any character except ">".
[^>]* matches zero or more of such characters.
<[^>]*> matches "<", any text not including ">", and ">", i.e. everything from "<" up to and including the first ">" thereafter.
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions||Keith Bates <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions||Keith Bates <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Regular Expressions