[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2
- From: V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 08:17:35 -0700 (MST)
- To: email@example.com
Musical Neptunian wrote
> So I opened up Libreoffice writer in Safe Mode. Then I dragged my docx
> into it. Then it opens in Libreoffice and allows me to change textboxes. I
> am not sure though if this is a good outcome. Because the format is
> slightly different; the page reads straight down rather than 2 pages on
> the screen at a time. But for the moment it is good enough.
When you relaunch in Safe Mode you get a default user profile.
Document view with default profile is "Single page view", your profile was
probably set to "Multiple page view", or pssibly "Book view"-- select from
the three page icons on the Status bar lower right of frame next to the Zoom
Document formatting can change depending on settings in defaults compared to
customizations in user profile.
Personally, moving between major releases of LibreOffice, I would use the
Safe mode selector to clean up user profile--a complete flush back to
defaults is often the best approach (needing to recreate customizations and
reinstall any extensions), but worth the effort for a clean UX.
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2||Musical Neptunian <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Interesting problem opening files in Libreoffice 6.2