There are two ways to fix your problem:

1) Insert cells to place the new entries at the top, above cells A2-B2
, which will move down the reference of the last cell automatically.
The new cells must be in the range of the search array (if you insert
above A1, the search array reference will be completely moved down and
you will not get the expected effect). Then sort.
2) Use the OFFSET function along with the COUNTIF function, something
like this:

=VLOOKUP(B2,OFFSET(Food.$A$1,0,0,COUNTIF(Food.$A:$A,"<>"""""),2),2,0)

What this does:

COUNTIF(Food.$A:$A,"<>""""") counts the number of non-empty cells in
the first column of the Food sheet. This evaluation uses the full
height of the worksheet
OFFSET(Food.$A$1,0,0,COUNTIF(Food.$A:$A,"<>"""""),2) creates the
reference similar to Food.$A$1:$B$50, but the height is the number of
non-empty cells given by countif, with a fixed with of 2, anchored at
cell Food.$a$1. This is done dynamically, as you add entries in your
Food columns.

To use this, simply place the entries at the end of the existing list,
and sort.

Then VLOOKUP then just does the search. Also, since you are using 0 as
last argument to VLOOKUP, your list does not need to be sorted since
VLOOKUP will look for an exact match wherever the match will be in the
search array.

And you can also simplify your formula like this:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,OFFSET(Food.$A$1,0,0,COUNTIF(Food.$A:$A,"<>"""""),2

IFERROR will present the result of the first argument or if there is
any error, the second argument, which can also be any other set of
functions.

I hope this helps.

Rémy.