Re: [libreoffice-users] Concatenate Function inCalc

Why are we defending invalid output of a function?

When I send invalid data like range to a function, say ABS(c1:c4), I expect
it to return an error (#VALUE! comes up in linux).

In linux on LO 6.0.7, I'm getting the 2nd value in the range as a valid
output of the function CONCATENATE(C1:C4). That is erroneous. broken.
should-not-happen.

This thread is about CONCATENATE being disfunctional in that it accepts
ranges, but does not act on them correctly. Please stop referring to CONCAT
as the reason that CONCATENATE is broken.

However, in regard to CONCAT, I see zero reason for the CONCATENATE
function to be separate from CONCAT. CONCATENATE should be replaced with
an alias or redirect to CONCAT. But thats not a bug, just poor design.