[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Unexpected result from MATCH() cell function (?)
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Unexpected result from MATCH() cell function (?)
- From: Johnny Rosenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 15:54:11 +0100
- To: LibreOffice Användare <email@example.com>
Maybe I just don't understand how this works, so I write her for help
determining if this is a bug or not before filing a bug report:
For this test I filled the B column with 40 random values 0–9. It turned
out like this:
Now I use the Match function to look using Type=1, ”the index of the last
value that is smaller or equal to the search criterion is returned”. The
formula looks like this:
The expected result would be 40, wouldn't it? In line 40 we find 0, which
is lower or equal to 1 and it should be the last value that is.
Instead the result is 10 and I can't for my life figure out why. There's
absolutely nothing special with line 10. It's not the first 1, it's not the
last. The first is found at line 3 and the last one in line 29. The only
thing I can find that gives me the number 10, is counting to the first 1
from the end, starting at 0 (B40=line 0, B39=line 1 and so on), but that's
not it, because if I now enter 1 in B35 the result is still 10.
Also, if I use Type=-1, ”the first value that is larger or equal is returned”,
I only get #MISSING. Should be 5 (found in B3) or, if they mean ”the index
of the first value that is larger or equal is returned”, 2.
What am I missing?
LibreOffice Calc 220.127.116.11.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Unexpected result from MATCH() cell function (?)||Regina Henschel <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: [libreoffice-users] Buttons/Icons missing from the form Formatting Toolbar.
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Unexpected result from MATCH() cell function (?)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Buttons/Icons missing from the form Formatting Toolbar.
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Unexpected result from MATCH() cell function (?)