[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc
- From: Brian Barker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 07:04:32 +0000
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: Charles Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 19:20 20/03/2019 -0400, Charles Meyer wrote:
Has anyone been able to "import" or "insert" content from Writer (tables) into Calc so there are no extra spaces, fits on the same one page, etc. in Calc as it does on one page in Writer?
Very probably not! Formatting in spreadsheets is entirely different from that in text documents. But you can easily paste material from a table in a text document into cells of a spreadsheet. Then you can reformat the material in the spreadsheet appropriately.
Why would you want to do this? Pagination comes into the story only when you print your document. If the text document is paginated as you wish, why not print that? I can more easily imagine a need for the opposite: pasting an image of (part of?) a spreadsheet into a text document.
This sounds like a task that needs to be rethought from the beginning: consider exactly what you are trying to do. Would it be better to start with the spreadsheet?
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc||Girvin Herr <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc||charles meyer <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer into Calc