Hello,
A template contains the starting point of a document (or spreadsheet):
anything in the template will be copied to the new document (or
spreadsheet) when you create it - this is why you see the WCA numbers
in new spreadsheets created from that template. You should update your
template to have zeros instead of the numbers in your existing WCA
spreadsheet. This way, when you create a new spreadsheet from the
template, you will have a spreadsheet with no existing word count in
it. You could also update the cell formats to show blank on zero or use
conditional formatting to display the word count on the dates only when
a date is defined. This way, the spreadsheet will only show values when
a combination of date/count has been entered.
I hope this helps.
Rémy.