[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?
- From: Tim-L <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 15:26:48 -0500
- To: LibreO - Users Global <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Has anyone here heard of the Open Colour Systems Collection?
I came onto it in 2016 - and forgot about to soon after. So now I am revisiting it.
In my quest to make an OXT file with color palettes, I searched my folders with SOC palette files. I found some interesting palette names. Here is one for the British users, maybe. "British Standard Colours.soc"
I am going through these and seeing what they look like as a palette for LibreOffice.
Currently the listed palettes I have in my collection are shown in this image:
This is the extension file to add them to your copy of LibreOffice.
Since I have not heard of the Open Colour Systems Collection, here is a quote for the "read me" file.
What is "Open Colour Systems Collection"?
Open Colour Systems Collection (OCSC) contains more than 350 colour systems, all of which use the CIE L*a*b* colour model. You can integrate and distribute those with your software in accordance with the licence.
While RGB/HSB/HSV or CMYK values always depend on a particular output target, L*a*b* values are target-agnostic.
Since its publication 40 years ago, CIE L*a*b* has become the de facto industrial standard for colour definitions in colour measurement and composition, and it's also being used in software. For instance, colour management works on the basis of tables or mathematical formulae, which are stored in so-called ICC profiles with L*a*b* playing the role of an "international prototype metre" for colours.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?||Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] I need some comments on this color palette extension
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?