[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Auto recovery problem
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Auto recovery problem
- From: Carl Paulsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 16:43:03 -0500
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm trying to create a mail merge document for a letter. I'm adding fields directly to retain formatting control and NOT have to deal with a text block which is how the wizard inserts addresses. I've had some success after a LONG time trying to figure out how to do this. Documentation is a bit lacking on this approach.
The real problem is happening when I try to close and then reopen the document. The file appears to close fine but when I try to reopen it, LibreOffice seems to think the file is damaged. I can recover and the file opens fine, but same thing happens when I try to reopen again. I can also "discard" the auto-recovery which should fix the auto-recover so it doesn't come up again, but in fact it DOES. Even when discarding recovery points, the program continues to think there's a problem with the file and re-opens the auto recovery.
I can't find any way to deal with this problem. BTW, it seems that I finally figured out how to generate the merged letters, so I assume the file is basically OK. But I still get the auto-recovery screen.
I'd love to get this to stop. It's a hassle, slows me down, and doesn't show LO at it's best when I'm showing friends and clients.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Auto recovery problem||Dan Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Mailing labels from mail merge
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Auto recovery problem
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Mailing labels from mail merge
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Auto recovery problem