[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] spaces inserted or not when pasting
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] spaces inserted or not when pasting
- From: Gary Collins <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 01:06:49 +0000 (UTC)
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Im having difficulty understanding how writer handles soaces when copying/pasting. Sometimes i can select a word by mouse click, when no spaces are in the selection, but on pasting a space - leading ivthink but maybe its trailing- is also inserted. Yet if the same word is selected in the same way and deleted,a space is not deleted with it -which would be useful ss it would avoid introduction of double spaces in the document. Other times i make a selection which includes a leading or trailing space, but this space is stripped on pasting.
Im still using an oldish version: 184.108.40.206 on ubuntu ;
But it would be good if someone could either confirm that this was an issue that has been fixed in a later version; or explain why, and under what circumstances, spaces are included / added to / removed from a selection on the clipboard, as its mystifying and often irritating to me.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Selecting the Whole Document
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] label printing from DB
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Selecting the Whole Document
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] label printing from DB