Sorry for bothering again, but how do I set certain things in a style to
”don't change”?
For instance, I have cell styles with different background colours that I
apply to cells in a sheet looking like a table with different borders and
things like that, for instance the first cell in a column has an upper
border line, the last one has a lower border line. When I apply a cell
style to these, the lines disappear and I have to add them again, manually.
Or if I add the lines to the style, they are also added where I don't want
them. Creating a style for each thinkable scenario is of course
overwhelming, and not a convenient way to go.
I just want to set all border lines to ”whatever was already there”, and I
thought I could, but it didn't work.
When I click a line in the border line section in the styles dialogue, a
line appears, if I click again the line turns thicker and grayer and a
third click removes the line again, but neither of those three states seems
to do what I want. Either lines are drawn or removed, never left untouched
when applying the style.
What am I missing?

Yes, even the bug-monster Excel can do this. :o

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg