Re: [libreoffice-users] Cell style background colour

Den fre 4 jan. 2019 kl 11:56 skrev Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com
>:

> Den tors 3 jan. 2019 kl 21:38 skrev Regina Henschel <
> rb.henschel@t-online.de>:
>
>> Hi Johnny,
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg schrieb am 01-Jan-19 um 22:58:
>> > Sorry for bothering everyone again, but I can't find how to add colours
>> > the background colour palette. In older LibreOffice versions, or maybe
>> it
>> > was even Apache OpenOffice, I could add colours in Tools → Options… →
>> > somewhere, but it seems to be removed. I miss quite a few colours in the
>> > colour selection area in (right click a style) → Modify… → Background →
>> > Background colour, so I want to add my own and give them names (other
>> than
>> > ”#15a3b7” or similar). I'm pretty sure I could do that in old versions,
>> and
>> > I guess it's still possible in today's versions, I just seem to not
>> being
>> > able to figure out how… What am I missing here?
>>
>> The general rule is, that adding colors happens at that place, where the
>> color is used. Only very few dialogs are not yet changed.
>>
>> It depends on the version, which dialog is already adapted. The new
>> dialog version for cell styles is not in version 6.0.7 or 6.1.4, but
>> version 6.3 has it. I'm not sure about version 6.2.
>>
>> When ever you have a situation, where the new dialog is not yet
>> available, you can take a different object, which already has the new
>> dialog, to add your custom color, e.g. a shape. Draw a shape, use its
>> area property, add your color, delete the shape, for example.
>>

> Yes, but I can't just figure out how to use a colour as a style background…
> Well, I guess I could make a style adapt to changes in cells, then use
> that style on a cell and change the background colour of that cell. Now the
> cell style should have the same background colour.
> But wait, isn't that feature (having cells adapt to changes in cell
> formats) removed…? At least I can't find it. Even Excel has it… (as well as
> older LibreOffice versions and, I think, Apache OpenOffice).

Ok, found it, my bad. It was moved from inside the style modifying dialogue
to a button in the format panel. It didn't work in my corrupted file, but
when I created a new one from scratch it worked perfectly.
This will do for now, until I can do this directly inside the style
modifying dialogue in a future version of LibreOffice Calc.