Re: [libreoffice-users] Cell style background colour

Den tors 3 jan. 2019 kl 21:38 skrev Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de
>:

> Hi Johnny,
>
> Johnny Rosenberg schrieb am 01-Jan-19 um 22:58:
> > Sorry for bothering everyone again, but I can't find how to add colours
> > the background colour palette. In older LibreOffice versions, or maybe it
> > was even Apache OpenOffice, I could add colours in Tools → Options… →
> > somewhere, but it seems to be removed. I miss quite a few colours in the
> > colour selection area in (right click a style) → Modify… → Background →
> > Background colour, so I want to add my own and give them names (other
> than
> > ”#15a3b7” or similar). I'm pretty sure I could do that in old versions,
> and
> > I guess it's still possible in today's versions, I just seem to not being
> > able to figure out how… What am I missing here?
>
> The general rule is, that adding colors happens at that place, where the
> color is used. Only very few dialogs are not yet changed.
>
> It depends on the version, which dialog is already adapted. The new
> dialog version for cell styles is not in version 6.0.7 or 6.1.4, but
> version 6.3 has it. I'm not sure about version 6.2.
>
> When ever you have a situation, where the new dialog is not yet
> available, you can take a different object, which already has the new
> dialog, to add your custom color, e.g. a shape. Draw a shape, use its
> area property, add your color, delete the shape, for example.

Yes, but I can't just figure out how to use a colour as a style background…
Well, I guess I could make a style adapt to changes in cells, then use that
style on a cell and change the background colour of that cell. Now the cell
style should have the same background colour.
But wait, isn't that feature (having cells adapt to changes in cell
formats) removed…? At least I can't find it. Even Excel has it… (as well as
older LibreOffice versions and, I think, Apache OpenOffice).

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg