On 1/3/19 11:14 AM, Dan Lewis wrote:
Inline post

On 1/2/19 7:17 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Den tis 1 jan. 2019 kl 23:29 skrev Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com>:

At 22:58 01/01/2019 +0100, you wrote:
... I can't find how to add colours to the
background colour palette. In older LibreOffice
versions, or maybe it was even Apache
OpenOffice, I could add colours in Tools -> Options… -> somewhere, ...
Yup: at Tools | Options... | LibreOffice | Colours.

Exactly, and it's gone now since version 5.something.

     Colors can be added to the Custom pallet with colors you name. These are available in Base, Impress, and Writer. Once you have created and named them, they are available for Font colors and Background colors in the Formatting toolbar in Calc.

     I recommend you open a new document in Writer. Styles > Edit Style. Click the Color Button. Select the RGB values you desire on the right side of the dialog. Click the Pick button (bottom right). This puts the new color in the Resent Colors box on the left side. Click this color there and then click the Add button. Enter you color name in the popup window and click OK.

     There is a drop down list with the names of color pallets that are available for your use. One of them in the Custom pallet.

Dan

     Styles > Edit Style > Area is the correct path to take. (I forgot about "Area", sorry.)

Dan

... but it seems to be removed. I miss quite a
few colours in the colour selection area in
(right click a style) -> Modify… -> Background
-> Background colour, so I want to add my own
and give them names (other than "#15a3b7" or
similar). I'm pretty sure I could do that in old
versions, and I guess it's still possible in
today's versions, I just seem to not being able
to figure out how… What am I missing here?
The Getting Started Guide says "You can [...]
change individual colors to your own taste. To do
this, use the Area dialog by selecting Format >
Area on the Menu bar or clicking the Area icon on
the Sidebar, then selecting the Colors tab." (The
Calc Guide - currently at 4.1 - does not appear to have caught up.)

Does this not work?

Yes, but that was obviously not what I was asking for, that is change the suggested colours in the modifying background colour of a style dialogue.

I trust this helps.

But it didn't, since the answer was not related to my question (or maybe I
just didn't understand the answer).

Brian Barker - privately