Re: [libreoffice-users] Cell style background colour

Den tis 1 jan. 2019 kl 23:29 skrev Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com>:

> At 22:58 01/01/2019 +0100, you wrote:
> >... I can't find how to add colours to the
> >background colour palette. In older LibreOffice
> >versions, or maybe it was even Apache
> >OpenOffice, I could add colours in Tools -> Options… -> somewhere, ...
>
> Yup: at Tools | Options... | LibreOffice | Colours.

Exactly, and it's gone now since version 5.something.

> >... but it seems to be removed. I miss quite a
> >few colours in the colour selection area in
> >(right click a style) -> Modify… -> Background
> >-> Background colour, so I want to add my own
> >and give them names (other than "#15a3b7" or
> >similar). I'm pretty sure I could do that in old
> >versions, and I guess it's still possible in
> >today's versions, I just seem to not being able
> >to figure out how… What am I missing here?
>
> The Getting Started Guide says "You can [...]
> change individual colors to your own taste. To do
> this, use the Area dialog by selecting Format >
> Area on the Menu bar or clicking the Area icon on
> the Sidebar, then selecting the Colors tab." (The
> Calc Guide - currently at 4.1 - does not appear to have caught up.)
>
> Does this not work?

Yes, but that was obviously not what I was asking for, that is change the
suggested colours in the modifying background colour of a style dialogue.

> I trust this helps.

But it didn't, since the answer was not related to my question (or maybe I
just didn't understand the answer).