[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem
- From: Brian Barker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 00:52:45 +0000
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: Dotty Peter <Look@iPadRing.net>
At 15:56 22/12/2018 -0500, Dotty Peter wrote:
I found a LO Calc spreadsheet that provides the year's day number, remaining days and week number.
Found? Most people compose spreadsheets.
It's attached herein.
Er, it's not: the mailing list processor normally strips attached files before messages are distributed. In any case, no-one really want to mend your spreadsheet for you; instead, you should be prepared to explain the nub of your problem so that others can address it directly.
Depending upon the year it's tedious to move each week number, which begins on Sunday, so that the week number is in the row which contains a Sunday. Is there a way [...] so that beside each "Sun" (the row in which "Sun" appears) the correct week number will be provided?
And what would you like in that cell if the row is not a Sunday? I'm guessing perhaps nothing.
I'm hoping that your "Sun" is actually a date, formatted as "NN". In that case, you may just need something like
- where Xn is the cell containing the date formatted to appear as "Sun", "Mon", etc. or any other column in the same row containing that date.
If your "Sun" is text, either use the date cell from which it is derived as above or else something like
- where Xn is the cell containing the text "Sun", "Mon", etc. and Yn is a cell in the same row containing the actual date.
Here's another possibility:
- and format the column as "WW".
Thanks, Peter (at least I think that's my name...today)
Incidentally, when writing to strangers, please have the courtesy, maturity, and good sense to put your name (just *a* name?) in the real name field of your messages. Some people are called Dot, but no-one's called ".". Thanks.
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem||"." <Look@iPadRing.net>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc week number problem