[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fwd: [libreoffice-users] CountIF in range AND in another range
- Subject: Fwd: [libreoffice-users] CountIF in range AND in another range
- From: Wade Smart <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 11:52:26 -0600
- To: LibreOffice <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 11:45 AM Brian Barker <email@example.com> wrote:
> At 11:15 03/12/2018 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
> >My two ranges:
> >E2:E455 = IN, OUT
> >F2:F455 = F or S + Year = "F 2018"
> >What I want to do is: countIF E2:E455 = OUT AND F2:F455 = F 2018
> >After reading the help docs and just cant seem to figure out the way
> >to write this for two ranges.
> How about:
> =SUMPRODUCT(E2:E455="OUT";F2:F455="F 2018")
> Each of the equations in the arguments creates an array of boolean
> values. The SUMPRODUCT() function first multiplies corresponding
> members, which requires TRUE to be interpreted as 1 and FALSE as 0.
> The product is thus 1 only if both conditions are true. The sum of
> all the appropriate 1s is the count you require.
> I trust this helps.
> Brian Barker
Well, that is a lot easier than what I was trying to do.
Over thinking it.
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] [LibreOffice] CountIF in range AND in another range||Wade Smart <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] CountIF in range AND in another range
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] lobase and postgresql views
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] CountIF in range AND in another range
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] lobase and postgresql views