On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 11:45 AM Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> wrote:

At 11:15 03/12/2018 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
My two ranges:
E2:E455 = IN, OUT
F2:F455 = F or S + Year = "F 2018"

What I want to do is: countIF E2:E455 = OUT AND F2:F455 = F 2018

After reading the help docs and just cant seem to figure out the way
to write this for two ranges.

How about:
=SUMPRODUCT(E2:E455="OUT";F2:F455="F 2018")

Each of the equations in the arguments creates an array of boolean
values. The SUMPRODUCT() function first multiplies corresponding
members, which requires TRUE to be interpreted as 1 and FALSE as 0.
The product is thus 1 only if both conditions are true. The sum of
all the appropriate 1s is the count you require.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Ah, excellent.
Well, that is a lot easier than what I was trying to do.
Over thinking it.

Thanks Brian.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675