[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 6.0.6 - Calc - Open file in read-only folder
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 6.0.6 - Calc - Open file in read-only folder
- From: Julien Ropé <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 12:21:30 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am working on an issue reported by users who moved from 5.4 to 6.0.
In their use case, they have Calc files on a shared folder. Each user has write access to his files, but the folder itself is read-only (to prevent users from deleting each-other's files).
With 5.4, this use case works - each user can edit his files.
With 6.0, users can't open their files - they get an error about not being able to create the lock file.
I could easily reproduce this behavior using a local read-only folder.
From a user's standpoint, this looks like a regression.
But from my standpoint, it seems logical, and I'm actually wondering why 5.4 was not failing too...
Is this change of behavior expected ? Does it result from a fix somewhere between 5.4 and 6.0 ?
What recommendation do you have about this use case : being able to share files with write access without letting users delete them ?
I have verified that I could open the file when I modify the flag "org.openoffice.Office.common/Misc/UseLocking" in advanced settings, but this would leave them open to concurrent access, and corrupted files. Is there anything better suited?
Any suggestion is welcome,
Message envoyé grâce à OBM, la Communication Libre par Linagora
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Question about Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 18.104.22.168
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] calc functionality question
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Question about Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 22.214.171.124
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] calc functionality question