[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Question about Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 184.108.40.206
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Question about Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 220.127.116.11
- From: David B Teague sr <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 00:20:12 -0500
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi LibreOffice Users:
64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
off line help for LO 6.0.6
Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 18.104.22.168
Started Installer, process displayed UAC dialog. I answered "Yes"
Installer proceeded up to a point, then failed, stating the installer did not have sufficient privilege to access C:\Program Files\LibreOffice
I clicked "retry" several times to no avail, then backed out. A retry also failed. In casting about for a solution, I happened to reboot.
Then I recalled that inaccessible files are sometimes removed or made accessible after a reboot. I retried installation, LO 22.214.171.124 installed quickly along with off line help
My Question: Should I have known this might or would occur? And could this glitch have been predicted and users warned?
nil significat nisi oscillat
do wop, do wop, do wop! -- Duke Ellington
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice 5.4.7 and 6.0.6 crash systematicaly opening Base with macros ...
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 6.0.6 - Calc - Open file in read-only folder
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice 5.4.7 and 6.0.6 crash systematicaly opening Base with macros ...
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 6.0.6 - Calc - Open file in read-only folder