Hi all,

I use LibreOffice as frontend for a PostgreSQL 10.5 database, using the native (*not* JDBC) driver.
 The minimum way to reproduce the issue is a table like

CREATE TABLE tab1 (
    id bigserial PRIMARY KEY,
    value text,
    modtime timestamp without time zone DEFAULT timezone('utc'::text, now()) NOT NULL
);

In LibreOffice I created a form containing these elements, and set the property “Input required” on
the “Data” tab to “No” for all of them.

Using LibreOffice 6.0.6.2 (Build-ID: 1:6.0.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1) coming with Ubuntu 18.04, this works just
fine, in particular it is /not/ necessary to enter a value for “id” (marked “<AutoField>” in the
form) or for “modtime”.

However, using the official package (Version 6.1.2.1; Build ID:
65905a128db06ba48db947242809d14d3f9a93fe) the form is broken.  When I do not enter anything in the
“modtime” entry, LibreOffice rejects adding a new record: a popup is shown, reading

Error writing data to database
Input required in field 'modtime'. Please enter a value.

which is obviously wrong.

It looks as if LibreOffice 6.1.2 ignores the “Input required” property (Actually, in the more
complex real project, LibreOffice 6.1.2 requires input for columns which are /not/ defined as “NOT
NULL” *and* have “Input required” set to “No”, but it seems to be harder to reproduce it in a
minimalistic example).

Did I miss something in the configuration (what?), or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.