-------- Original Message  --------
From: Jean-Francois Nifenecker <jean-francois.nifenecker@laposte.net>
To: DaveB <noreply@tasit.net>, LibreOffice Users
<users@global.libreoffice.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 18:06:09 +0200

Hi Dave,

Le 27/09/2018 à 16:38, DaveB a écrit :
Hi Folks,

Firefox Personas (renamed Themes) no longer work in LO and there is a
proposal [1] to deprecate or replace them. However, I have 2 in my LO
profile on Windows, which I would like to have them in LO on a new Linux
install. I have copied the images into the equivalent Linux directory
and edited the advanced configuration file, but I cannot get LO under
Linux to show either of the personas. Obviously there is something else
it is necessary to configure.

Any thoughts or pointers would be welcome.

I'm using personas under Linux without problem (LibO 5.4.6.2).

Here's how I do that. FWIW I don't temper with the configuration file,
just using the advanced configuration options.

1. The personas are stored as subdirs within the user's profile,
Gallery/Persona directory.

Say I add a "MyPersona" subdir there.
In this subdir, I add the persona graphic file (for instance, a .png).
Say its name is MyHeader.png.

2. In LibO, Tools > Options, LibreOffice, Advanced, Open expert
configuration.

3. I enter "persona" (without quotes) in the search bar.

LibO finds the org.openoffice.Office.Common > Misc branch, with two
keys: Persona and PersonaSettings

4. Set Persona to "own" (without quotes)

5. Set PersonaSettings to follow the sequence mask:

Where

<header file name>: the path to your header file within the personas
profile subdir.
Using the example above would give
MyPersona/MyHeader.png

<footer file name>: same as for header file name.
You may repeat using the header file name.

<front color>: RGB in hex with a "#" prefix.
For a black front color, it gives: #000000
This color is used for menu character painting.

<special color>: same as for front color. AFAIK, unused.

6. Wrap up

The whole string in this example would give:

MyPersona/MyHeader.png;MyPersona/MyHeader.png;#000000;#F5F5F5

Once validated, the new theme is propagated to new documents (the
current file environment is not changed yet).

To get to these grips, I read a blog article that I'm totally unable to
find right now. Too bad I couldn't cite the author.

HTH,

Many thanks Jean-Francois, I will try this a little later and report back.

Best Regards
Dave