On 09/25/2018 03:49 AM, DaveB wrote:
On 25.09.2018 09:59, Mike Scott wrote:
Today's daft question.

Why can't you automatically centre up a text box on the page in Writer?

If I have an image, I do R-click, Alignment, and pick from a useful
selection of options.

Try the same on a text box and I get "<no selection possible>".

It makes laying out a page (and I've just started on an order of
service for a funeral) decidedly frustrating.

(Nor for that matter do styles work in a text box. I fail to
understand the issues here.)
Hi Mike,

Not a daft question, but Draw might be a better choice for what you are
doing. To center align text boxes in Writer you need to first change the
anchoring. When you initially draw the text box it is, by default,
anchored to the paragraph, which allows the box to be manually
positioned anywhere on the page. Select "Anchor" from the right click
context menu and choose "As Character", then set the paragraph to be
center aligned.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Wow, I just did this same thing, over the weekend.  Dave is right on the
money.  Changing the anchor should do the trick.

Peace...

"The Other" Tom

--
/When I leave, I don't know what I'm hoping to find,
And when I leave, I don't know what I'm leaving behind.../