On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 02:44:26 -0400
Art <ky1k@myfairpoint.net> wrote:
It seems that the software is ignoring zeros to the right of the
decimal point. I'm listing frequencies in Megahertz, so the zeros to
the right of the decimal point are significant. I wish I could post
my spreadsheet somewhere, I do know better than to send it to the
list members::>

As far as I can tell the problem is fairly fundamental. LibreOffice
uses a definition of 'significant figure' that is different to that
usually used in the scientific world. Specifically, they don't regard a
0 after a decimal point as significant :(

See https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Number_Format_Codes

I'd suggest you have two easy options:
(1) use a 0.000 format and search using the formatted display option
(2) Display the frequencies in kHz so they are all whole numbers

Note that you could display the numbers twice in two columns. Once in a
column that's easy for you to read, and again in a column that's
formatted to be searched. The search column could be hidden.

PS I was going to suggest:
(3) Use scientific format to specify the significant digits
(e.g. ##0.000E+00)

but apparently you can't search 127.700E+00 for 127.7 :(