(originally sent from non-subscribed address; that seems to have vanished. Trying again with my subscribed list address)

On 28/08/18 14:12, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Mike,

I can do a simple-minded report using report builder, which looks at the
moment to fulfil the need, except for one problem. When a database field
is empty (eg, no email or no 2nd address line), is there any way of
completely suppressing that line of output? I don't want pointless blank
lines appearing.

You could only suppress the output for a complete section of the report.
So the whole data of one row could be suppressed, not a "row of fields"
in the section "Details".

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still 'all at sea', I'm afraid. I can't for the life of me see how to create a new section, never mind how to make it disappear conditionally.

The German translation you mention seems to be roughly what I've already seen; I've not found it helpful, I'm afraid.

Judging by the lack of other responses to my query, this must be a somewhat obscure part of LO. I think perhaps I'd better stick with my existing perl script I've been using to generate ODF documents from a spreadsheet -- seems easier to cut perl code than understand Report Builder. :-( :-(

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England