On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 11:20:49 +0100, Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi :)

@ all: Do you think Python is easy as a 1st language?  - or is it better to
start with something else first to ease into it all?

All languages have pros and contra, but the advantages of Python are very big more than it you
disadvantageous.

For example, the indentation in code, that have effect in the execution, for some users it's a
problem, for me it's a virtue. The majority modern IDEs, help you with this.

Basic, maybe it's perfect for you, depend what you needed.

But, Python is so much funny... :)

You can make; macros, functions of Calc (full integrated in function wizard), extensions and new
UNO components.

With some precautions, Python is perfectly portable. Is possible insert code Python into documents
ODF.

The short curve for learn Python, it's more short with our help. If you or others are interested,
we can continuity the wiki document for Python macros. [1]

Best regards

[1]https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide